Responsible for the first impression all clients and guests have of Pier Sixty, The Lighthouse and Current. The Guest Services Manager is accountable for the seamless operation of the department, ensuring all associates provide a memorable experience for our clients, guests, employees and vendors. This role acts as a liaison and support between the clients/guests and the Sales, Banquet, and Event Services departments.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Manage staff; concierge & transportation, and organize the departmental functions in accordance with company standards.
2. Develop staff skills to enhance department effectiveness and manage resources to eliminate excess cost or unnecessary expenditures.
3. Prepare scheduling and coverage for concierge staff in accordance with labor standards and business levels, ensuring payroll is processed in a timely and accurately manner.
4. Maintain a flexible schedule, available to work both AM and PM shifts throughout the week based on business needs.
5. Delegate tasks and department assignments or projects ensuring deadlines are met related to those assignments.
6. Train and coach concierge associates as necessary through departmental meetings, one-on-one sessions, pre-shifts, etc.
7. Work directly with Human Resources and the banquet director to screen, interview and hire qualified candidates to enhance the Pier Sixty mission and culture.
8. Delivers and encourages positivity, administering praise, recognition, and support for all departmental associates and staff.
9. Administers reviews, counseling, and disciplinary measures as appropriate to maximize the performance of the department.
10. Ensure the concierge associates comply with grooming standards reflective of the Pier Sixty expectation.
11. Attend all required meetings/ trainings in order to ensure execution of guests and associate functions.
12. Ensure distribution weekly paychecks for concierge, coatcheck, and waitstaff.
13. Compile and complete weekly P60 manager schedule and email to all managers.
14. Develops and maintains resources to ensure that venue guests receive up-to-date information on a broad variety of activities and events within the area.
15. Communicate with the sales team on a daily basis ensuring event signage and buffet table tent requirements are received in advance allowing ample time to create and distribute them.
16. Manage lost and found items and ensure systems are functioning for guest recovery.
17. Compile and place the monthly office supply order.
18. Compile and place a quarterly business card order.
19. Completely knowledgeable of all facility emergency procedures.
20. Complies with all policies, safety regulations, and procedures.
21. Administer process for receiving and distributing all FedEx, UPS, Air Borne Express and messengered envelopes to each department / associate daily, in timely and accurate fashion.
22. Ensure timely opening and closing of event space.
23. Maintains a welcoming posture and environment for all guests and associates; ensuring a professional and hospitable sense of arrival and departure.
24. Focus on achieving the goals or objectives of the department using available resources.
25. Own the arrival area/ experience of each venue. Assist the Event and Banquet Services teams, ensuring the arrival process for clients, guests and vendors is exemplary. Area is clean and clutter free; planters look clean, organized, alive and fresh looking; coat check area is clean and organized, load in mats are down (if required), valet parking team is posted properly, professionally dressed, and provides genuine, hospitable service.
26. Act as the main liaison with the dry cleaning company, confirming same day pick up and drop off delivery schedules, monitoring the quality of their service and following up on any issues that arise.
27. Ability to execute all tasks and requirements expected of the concierge associates.
28. Perform all reasonable duties/ directives as requested by the leadership team as necessary