The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for assisting clients and guests with black cars, limos and buses during events as well as coordinating valet parking during events.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assist guests with valet parking during events.
2. Assist guests with shuttle bus service and car service needs during events.
3. Set up signage for transportation area during events.
4. Dispatch buses from various locations within the tri state area.
5. Meet with clients regarding transportation needs.
6. Coordinate bus service requirements for events.
7. Coordinate parking during events including supervision of valet parkers, and bus and black car drivers.
8. Review and approve invoices from Vendors.
9. Complete daily transportation checklist.
10. Collect valet parking monies and vouchers and turn in at the end of events.
11. Insure parking areas are safe for all guests and associates.
12. Work closely with Chelsea Piers Guest Services Staff with regards to parking and transportation needs.
13. Travel, as necessary, to different properties/venues.
14. Perform all reasonable requests by the management team.
15. Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings and training sessions.
16. Follow proper time keeping policies and procedures
17. Follow the sign in and out procedure for keys.
18. Know and follow all Pier Sixty emergency and safety procedures.
- Always practice The Piers of Success.
- Protect the assets of the property.
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior when in contact with guests and associates.
- Follow Policies and Procedures in training manuals and associate handbook.
- Always remember we are in a partnership with our guests, fellow associates and owners to provide quality service and profitability.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the company standards, which may be established by Pier Sixty from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Good working knowledge of the black car, valet and bus industries.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all other departments regarding needs.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal and external customers, some who may require a high level of patience, tact, and diplomacy, in order to diffuse anger and obtain information to resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, management, clients and vendors if necessary.
- Able to work flexible schedule in order to accommodate business levels.