Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, the Human Resources Manager Leads the Human Resources Advisor team by providing development, support and advice on a variety of employee relations and management issues. Acts as an escalation point on the team for complex or risky events to ensure Company risk tolerance and legal compliance burden are appropriately considered. Partners with Operations and HR Business Partners to ensure trends are escalated and appropriately addressed.
• Escalated point of contact for employee relations and HR related issues. Identifies potential high risk issues and escalates as appropriate. Conducts investigations and partners with appropriate individual for resolution of all issues
• Responsible for producing metrics on team efficiency, case load as well as identifies trends business partners can help solution
• Develops HR Generalists and their knowledge/ skill set
• Frequently evaluates Company risk tolerance to ensure legally defensible sound business decisions are being made by the HR Generalists
• Guides and coaches HR Generalists in decision making and appropriate investigations
• Seeks and implements process efficiencies to create a stronger Department
• Recruits, selects and trains new HR Generalists
• Promotes, encourages and ensures usage of the Red Robin Open Door Policy
• Advises in areas of policy and procedure, performance management, harassment, discrimination, and legal/employment issues.
• Advises Managers on adherence to guidelines and documentation on disciplinary action issues and separations.
• Works with Legal Department on active EEOC cases and legal claims if necessary.
• Contributes to the development of HR policy, procedure and systems for employee relations, performance management, benefits, and employment practices; including the Team Member Handbook, based on knowledge of current and future employment laws, government, and local regulations.
• Oversees EthicsPoint tracking system
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• 5 years minimum experience in HR preferred
• Preferred Workday system knowledge
• Demonstrated decision making and problem solving abilities
• Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, efficiently and timely with a sense of urgency
• Effective planning, organization and time management skills and experience
• Proficiency in employee relations, multi-state employment law, coaching and counseling
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• MS Office proficient.
• PHR or SPHR/ SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Coaching, developing and supervisory background
• Active listening, able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• Articulate – convey information effectively
• Critical thinking – able to use logic and reasoning to identify high risk issues, and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Complex problem solving – able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer