Based at our Greenwood Village Home Office, the Tax Accountant is responsible for compliance with state, city and local laws regarding sales and use taxes and property taxes. This role may also assist with income and other miscellaneous taxes as needed.
Primary Duties Include:
- Prepare and file monthly sales and use tax compliance filings for the US and Canada
- Prepare miscellaneous beverage and amusement tax returns
- Monitor and reconcile tax accrual accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintain G/L accounting including preparing journal entries
- Monitor tax rates and update systems as required
- Perform tax research and planning on a proactive, reactive and as-directed basis
- Monitor and implement new tax legislation
- Prepare resale exemption certificates
- Research and timely respond to tax notices
- Assist with audits, including gathering requested data, researching applicable tax laws and resolving open issues
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
Other Tax Responsibilities May Include:
- Prepare non-resident tax withholding for U.S. / Canada transactions
- Review property tax returns prepared by external company
- Verify and pay property tax bills
- Assist the Fixed Asset team in review and proper classification of fixed assets
- Review unclaimed property amounts and prepare returns as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business related field, required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with high-volume, multi-state transactional tax return preparation, preferred.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong preference for general ledger, journal entry and account reconciliation experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Working knowledge of CCH, BNA or other tax research software
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing deadlines and due dates required.
- Strong attention to detail with consistent accuracy required.
- Desire to learn multiple tax areas
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and within the company culture
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer