Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO the HR Generalist partners with Operations and HRBPs to provide HR advice, counsel, and support on a variety of employee relations and management issues. Escalated point of contact for employee relations issues and conducts investigations on a daily basis. Interprets needs with independent decision making authority and provides strategic and tactical solutions to address and resolve concerns. Knowledge and experience in investigations, employment law, benefits, employee relations, leaves of absence and performance management. Provides coaching and guidance to all hourly employees, Managers and Field Leadership.
• Primary point of contact for employee relations and HR related issues. Identify potential high risk issues and escalate as appropriate. Responsible for tracking and reporting issues. Conduct investigation and partner with appropriate individual for resolution of all issues.
• Promote, encourage and ensure usage of the Red Robin Open Door Policy.
• Create and maintain investigation files. Responsible for compiling data, reporting and analysis of investigation data and results.
• Advise hourly employees, Managers and Field Leadership in areas of human resources, performance management, harassment, discrimination, and legal/employment issues.
• Advise Managers on adherence to guidelines and documentation on disciplinary action issues and separations.
• Work with Legal Team on active EEOC cases and legal claims if necessary.
• Contribute to the development of HR policy, procedure and systems for employee relations, performance management, benefits, and employment practices; including the Team Member Handbook, based on knowledge of current and future employment laws, government, and local regulations.
• Direct and instruct managers on the pro-active unemployment process, including providing appropriate documentation and separation information to our unemployment vendor.
• Assist with e-verify resolution and ensuring i9 compliance
• Engage in interactive process consistent with Company ADA requirements
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• 2-4 years minimum experience in HR
• Payroll/HRIS system knowledge
• Demonstrated decision making and problem solving abilities
• Effective planning, organization and time management skills and experience
• Proficiency in employee relations, multi-state employment law, coaching and counseling
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
• MS Office proficient.
• PHR or SPHR certification preferred
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Active listening, able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
• Articulate – convey information effectively
• Critical thinking – able to use logic and reasoning to identify high risk issues, and identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Complex problem solving – able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand
• Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, efficiently and timely with a sense of urgency
• Ability to manage workload effectively giving appropriate weight to high risk issues
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer