Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, the ePMO Associate Project Manager (APM) is skilled in general organization and communications skills. On small projects, the APM will individually work to effectively manage timelines, resources, budgets, work efforts, risks, & issues. On medium sized projects, the APM will work under the direction of a more senior PM.
• Coordinate project teams using experience, good judgment, and a hands-on approach to execute projects at specified quality levels and ensuring the achievement of desired business outcomes.
• Coordinate project stakeholders to clearly define and manage expectations, objectives, assumptions, measurements, schedule, scope, requirements, risks, issues, change control, metrics and success-criteria to ensure a successful deployment. Post-deployment, work with project stakeholders to measure project results and successfully operationalize project deliverables.
• Develop, maintain, and evolve project plans, schedules, resource plans and other project artifacts.
• Actively work with project stakeholders to ensure there is a common understanding of resource capacity, organizational change capacity, and other project constraints ensuring visibility and transparency into all aspects of assigned projects.
• Anticipate, respond, and mitigate project risks and issues.
• Utilize Red Robin’s project management processes, methodologies, and tools to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
• Develop and maintain productive cross-functional relationships across all levels of the Red Robin organization.
• Perform business analysis activities including process analysis and optimization, system analysis, user story definition, business / technical requirements analysis, and business case definition as required. Use strong analytical skills to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Facilitate process and requirements elicitation via interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, use cases, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Lead lessons learned on all projects and incorporates learning into future projects and tools.
• Stay abreast of and leverage emergent restaurant / hospitality industry issues and trends to develop innovative solutions to Red Robin business needs.
• Manages project budget including invoice payment and ensures adherence to change control process.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience across multiple industries or functional business areas desired. Experience within Consulting, Restaurant, Hospitality, or Retail industries is strongly desired.
• Experience with standard project management methodologies, approaches, techniques and tools.
• CAPM or similar certification desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability organize people and activities that clearly assign responsibility for tasks and decisions, sets well-defined objectives and measures, monitors progress, and delivers results.
• Flexibility to adapt project management approach and leadership style to the context and constraints of each project.
• Ability to step back from the details toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge and can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
• Capability to lead diverse teams and possess the necessary soft skills to be successful including strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts and building commitment within a team, and relating well to all kinds of people to build constructive and effective relationships.
• Quick and versatile learner that quickly grasps the essence of and underlying structure of ideas, technology/systems, processes, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to influence others without having direct authority.
• Flexible with a high tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Confident, self-aware team player open to receiving and providing, effective feedback.
• Instinctive problem solver that uses rigorous logic and methods to delivery effective solutions.
• Competent in group facilitation and strong work ethic.
• Some familiarity with project management methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall) and associated tools or standards (i.e. PMI/PMBOK, Lean, Six Sigma).
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer