Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO, The Director of Alternate Platform is the head of the Department, and his/her primary responsibility is to run an overall successful Catering and To-Go program for the company. Develops and executes a comprehensive strategy to achieve the business and sales goals of the department. The Directors key roles are to lead, coach and manage the Catering and To-Go team, in addition to building a relationship and working closely with crucial support team leaders. The Director is also the primary driver of growing a healthy sales culture across the company. This position is responsible for driving profitable margins and company targets for NPS. This strategic leader will also ensure their teams drive call center execution and optimize online ordering using the Monkey Media platform.Work closely with other home office functions including Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain, CI and IT. A strategic leader who will balance vision with performance.
• Defines and executes strategic direction for To-Go and Catering along with establishing financial goals and the tactics that get us there.
• Defines NPS targets and establishes the Guest experience for to-go and catering and oversees tactics that deliver them.
• Leads and coordinates all support function meetings to enhance the execution and increase sales for complete off-premise.
• Identify growth opportunities by understanding B2B and B2C channels, and how to approach each to grow the business.
• Partner with Marketing, Operations, and Peers to develop off-premise strategies and tactics that build sales and grow the brand’s business.
• Manages the collaboration of QBR’s with all business partners and ensures all follow-up and actions happen promptly.
• Plans and execute the long-term and yearly business strategies to grow national catering sales YOY with particular focus on high opportunity markets.
• Identify market trends and competitive pressures to modify the strategy and tactics accordingly.
• Mentor, coach and manage a growing team of Catering Sales Managers of up to 10 as well as the Catering Execution & To- Go Platform Manager. This role includes field visits as well as remotely supporting team members across the country.
• Schedule weekly coaching calls with each team member. Provides periodic performance appraisals and reviews.
• Engage the team, promote transparency, productivity, and an open-door policy. Actively participate in each member’s professional development.
• Encourage team members to think as business owners, support them while allowing them opportunities to develop their problem-solving skills.
• Work with Finance and VP to set quarterly and yearly goals for the sales team based on each market’s and brand’s specifics details and requirements.
• Plan occasion-driven sales campaigns and targeted call blitzes for the Catering Sales Managers.
• Consistently assess business needs and gaps. Develop clear processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and productivity.
• Effectively partner with the operations team to successfully move the business forward. Consistently focus on building relationships in the field through the catering team and own efforts.
• Develop strong partnerships with the support team such as Marketing, Accounting, Finance, IT, Training and HR.
• Work with Marketing to develop a yearly Marketing Calendar of catering occasions and tactics around it, menu optimization, market research, media outreach plan, SEM strategy, etc.
• Create useful, easy to read reporting for the sales and leadership teams in conjunction with Finance.
• Work with HR and the Company’s leadership to make changes in the organization as needed, to support the department’s growth.
• Plan yearly budgets. Efficiently manage the department’s P&L to maximize profits.
• Bachelor’s degree or proven equivalent experience.
• Recent experience in the same position within the industry, for a minimum of 2 years is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 total years of experience managing sales teams of 3 or more.
• At least two years of experience in the restaurant industry, preferably with a QSR or Fast Casual concept.
• Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals both individually and leading a team of sales professionals is a must.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Quickly adapts to new software.
• Highly skilled strategic thinker. Able to see the “big picture.”
• Has strong strategic, analytical and consumer based business acumen.
• Background in strategy, Operations, and Consumer Insights
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and in writing.
• Robust and confident leader who is an avid learner and stays curious
• Well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Excellent selling and negotiating skills.
• Ability to understand, coach and support salespeople. Enjoys mentoring others and has the know-how.
• Powerful performance manager who can efficiently hold others accountable.
• Exceptional problem solving and multitasking skills.
• Numbers oriented, can easily understand and navigate through sales reports and P&Ls. Has the ability to produce sales reports, projections, and forecasts.
• Ability to recognize, assess and promptly address business gaps.
*Able to travel up to 40% of the time
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer