Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO the Instructional Designer is responsible for developing and maintaining core training programs and materials. The Instructional Designer will participate in evaluating training needs and provide input to the Director of Learning & Program Development for the design of new curriculum. This position will ensure that all programs and materials are current and support Red Robin Team Member and Manager growth and development in foundational areas of the business.
Instructional Systems Design – Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation
Assess, design, develop, and evaluate learning solutions to support Team Member and Manager development.
- Determine learning and material requirements for L&D projects
- Leverage training time, people and costs by identifying the most effective learning methods to support training program goals
- Develop and implement style guide and design document standards to ensure consistency across projects
- Increase resource efficiency through the development of learning content that is easy to update, manage, and customize
- Produce effective instructional content that integrates into the overall training system for TM and/or Manager training
- Evaluate training programs and materials to ensure end-user needs are met
- Research and implement e-learning tools and best practices to maximize training effectiveness
Manage the L&D project deliverables and timelines to achieve goals, objectives, and quality expectations.
- Partner with L&D and other department Team Members to identify, develop, and execute programs that meet project goals and learning objectives
- Develop and maintain project plans to communicate progress and actions required to meet deliverable expectations
Multimedia/Graphic Design /Desktop Publishing
Develop and produce multimedia elements to support e-learning, print and blended learning solutions.
- Assess training material and program needs to create visual image packaging to support end-user needs
- Develop multimedia elements to support e-learning content (graphics, video, audio, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Behavioral Sciences, Instructional Design, or Industrial/Organizational psychology; Masters degree preferred
- A minimum of seven years experience in developing instructional materials with 3-5 years developing blended and e-learning solutions.
- A strong background in blended and distance learning
- Extensive ability and experience with Adobe InDesign
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop is a plus
- Experience with UPK
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; has the ability to plan, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities
- Ability to effectively build and manage processes, tools and systems
- Ability to translate ideas into clear written and visual materials/communication
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience in the food service or restaurant industry a nice to have
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and systems skills
- Experience with DACUM a nice to have
- Builds trust and collaboration among people, teams and departments
- Manages constant change and effectively handles unexpected events
- Influences results without having to resort to using authority
- Makes tough and timely decisions and takes personal accountability for results
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer