Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO, the Sales and COGS Analyst is responsible for creating and analyzing Food and Beverage Sales and COGS reports, in addition to financial modeling in support of our Operations, FP&A and Supply Chain functions. As a key partner to the Operations team, this position will serve as the finance point of contact for food and beverage sales and cost related analyses, including, but not limited to regional sales trends, food waste, product usage, and overall food and beverage cost. This individual must possess strong business acumen, excellent quantitative and decision-making skills. A successful candidate will be able to turn analysis into insights, effectively communicate findings and recommendations and help make business decisions alongside key stakeholders.
- As a key partner to the Operations, FP&A and Supply Chain functions, this role will analyze food and beverage cost reports to understand product usage and waste. Will work closely with Marketing and the IT Data team to understand business changes which impact Sales and COGS for our restaurants. Provide regular updates to the business on overall Sales and COGS performance. Will also work closely with key stakeholders to make decisions on tools and enhancements our restaurants can use to manage their product usage and waste.
- Partner with the Business Analytics Manager and FP&A to build and maintain the company sales forecast, understanding key traffic driving initiatives. This includes quarterly reforecasting and regular industry benchmarking.
- Support the business, including Operations, Supply Chain and FP&A teams, from a conceptual, analytical and financial perspective by providing regular and ad-hoc analysis and recommendations related to COGS by:
- Being the subject matter expert on Sales and COGS drivers, who develops and presents recommendations from accurate assessments and/or analysis
- Building reports to provide restaurants and the home office with tools to provide more insight into Sales and COGS trends
- Utilizing multiple resources when necessary, including working closely with the Marketing team to understand sales initiatives and the P&L to build analysis to present the overall big picture
- Able to create action plans and solutions that improve our margins
- Working with the cross-functional team to present key findings from analysis and turn into usage data for the restaurants
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis reporting, as assigned by management.
- Will often work directly with EVP of Operations and have delegated decision-making authority
- Minimum 5 years of financial analysis experience with a quantitative and qualitative background, preferably with a restaurant/retail company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Math required; MBA preferred
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to accumulate, organize and assimilate large amounts of data from multiple data sources to provide insights, forecasts and recommendations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization
- Experience in analyzing financial reporting processes specific to revenue and operating expense
- Excellent financial modeling skills (including statistical analysis), and the ability to turn data into insights and make recommendations on how to increase profitability
- Team-oriented with ability to work on multiple projects and with multiple teams
- Ability to be nimble and open to change
- Curiosity and drive
- Must be proficient in databases and Microsoft Office including; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer