Based at our Greenwood Village Home Office, the Manager of Guest Experience is responsible for leading and overseeing the Guest Support and Social Media Engagement teams. With the goal of driving performance against service, satisfaction and engagement metrics, this position will use guest insights and data to inform decision making across the organization as well as deliver effective execution of guest and social strategies.
This position is responsible for establishing direction for the Guest Support and Social Media Engagement teams to ensure all guest interactions are handled in a professional, timely and efficient manner. This includes implementing the Red Robin "voice" consistently across all Social & Guest Support platforms to communicate effectively with designated audiences and drive engagement.
This position will manage the Guest Support and Social Media Engagement business plans and budgets and will ensure the teams use the best resources and tools to quickly address guest questions or concerns, monitor trends, and implement corrective action or process improvements when needed. This position works with cross-functional teams to understand all company initiatives.
• Provide strategic direction to the Guest Support and Social Media Engagement teams and build workflows to handle all guest interactions by leveraging expertise and providing recommendations for system/platform enhancements based on business needs.
• Responsible for leading and overseeing full-service call center, agencies and internal teams. Ensure each area is deployed to effectively and efficiently address guest comments both proactive and reactive. Provide direction and coaching to continually improve communications process around guest experience, guest loyalty, brand building, social care, risk, productivity and general operations.
• Areas of responsibility and oversight include, but not limited to: social media engagement and recovery, organic social content development, influencer marketing campaigns, restaurant experience recovery, loyalty platform questions and resolutions, and any Red Robin business inquires.
• Interact daily with guests, restaurant management, field personnel, senior corporate team, all department heads, and all franchise partners via telephone and email.
• Oversee strategy for social media management, tagging including tracking/archive process, reviews management and content management for various social channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
• Proactively work with cross functional leadership to understand business initiatives and identify and prepare team for any potential guest concerns. Assess potential ramifications arising from guest concerns that go beyond the alleged incident and assure the appropriate corporate and/or franchise personnel are prepared for response.
• Serve as primary marketing representative on any risk issues and advise how Guest Support and Social Media Engagement team should respond.
• Quickly spot themes in areas related to health and safety, legal liability, personnel issues, etc. and proactively alert the appropriate people to minimize any ramifications beyond the immediate situation.
• Manage budgets, contracts and invoicing with regards to production hours, Salesforce licenses, agencies, call center and third-party vendors.
Data Analytics and Reporting:
• Identify business plan variances and develop strategies that address and improve the variances in a way that adds value to the organization.
• Categorize guest comments accurately for data mining to identify business trends and provide period-end and year-end detailed reports by restaurant, region, and District for both corporate and franchise locations.
• Provide accurate, timely ongoing and ad hoc reports for distribution to company and franchise audiences. Organize and oversee reports, social listening, briefing materials and presentations to provide strategic direction to leadership based on analysis of data.
Skills and Abilities:
Technical & Analytical:
• Able to master proprietary databases and operation tools effectively based on documented processes and procedures including multiple user interfaces and various standard reports for data collection
• Experience with Salesforce platform preferred or able to navigate through a database user interface
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Ability to analyze data and report on key performance metrics and evolving trends
• Ability to discern between “routine” feedback and more “complex” – requiring higher level operational, legal or risk management involvement.
• Ability to identify trends in guest comments that could potentially lead to liability in the future.
• Ability to forecast annual budgets for production hours and Salesforce licenses. Able to course correct throughout the year to remain in forecasted budget.
• Ability to negotiate best contract with external call center, agencies and third-party vendors.
• Problem-solving ability and critical thinking skills
• Ability to motivate and lead a team
• Strong communications, organization and people skills; with high level of accountability
• Superior written communication skills are a must
• Professional and positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skills
• Adheres to and promotes company values and policies and displays a strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Excellent interpersonal and guest relation communication skills.
• An aptitude in solving problems and dealing with a variety of variable situations where only limited or no standardization exists
• Preferred experience with Salesforce and Sprinklr platforms
• Passion for social media and digital landscape
• Detail oriented, self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines without fail and with minimal supervision
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Hospitality required or a minimum of 8 years’ combination of education and experience
• Previous restaurant / hospitality experience a plus
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer