Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO the Senior Payroll Specialist will provide team support for approximately 30,000 team members in restaurants throughout the US and Canada; including payroll processing, maintenance of records and data analysis.
• Provide excellent communication/customer service skills both written and verbal to their assigned restaurants as required to maintain the Red Robin standard of service.
• Respond to all customer emails/voicemail/written communications received within 24 hours as defined by departmental service level agreement.
• Work closely with Payroll Manager to assist in escalation resolutions and data analysis.
• Assist and backup the Payroll Systems Analyst and Payroll Tax Analyst.
• Prepare and manage the process of HR/Payroll information according to Wage and Hour Laws, in a timely manner and in compliance with company policy and procedures.
• Process hourly and salaried payrolls including timecard exceptions, bonuses, other earnings and deductions.
• Audit and correct data imported from time and attendance systems to ensure accuracy.
• Maintain and audit payroll and human resources records on a daily basis. This includes but not limited to salary changes, basic Team Member information, New Hires, direct deposits, Tax forms and other payroll related forms.
• Research any payroll related issues for both internal and external customers (employees or managers) and provide a timely resolution within departmental defined service level agreement and company polices.
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a desire to be part of a team while also being able to be a self-starter and able to work independently.
• Must possess an ability to look at things differently to identify root causes during problem solving situations.
• Must have an advanced level of full cycle payroll processing knowledge.
• Ability to accurately process high volume of data for approximately 30,000 employees (within a team).
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle challenging situations in a professional manner.
• Ability to thoroughly analyze complex data from provided reports and determine correction needed.
• Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work load.
• Experience with legal document handling and processing (i.e. garnishments, unemployment, etc.).
• Knowledge of Workday system preferred.
• Knowledge of time keeping system required.
• 7+ years of payroll experience required.
• Restaurant/retail experience preferred.
• Intermediate technical skill including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Timekeeping systems.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
• FPC or CPP preferred.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer