Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
- More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
- Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
- Over 30,000 babies born!
- More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
- State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
- The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
- One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
- Make a difference in the lives of others
- Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
- Work in a team environment that has a common goal
- See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are looking to fill a full-time Medical Assistant role for our Buffalo Grove location located at 135 N. Arlington Heights Road.
Must have flexible schedule as limited weekend rotation of up to four (4) weekend days per year is required.
This role is responsible for the following:
- Perform venipuncture and collect other specimens for testing using proper technique and Universal Precautions.
- Closely follow laboratory instructions for specimen collection, storage and transport.
- Adhere to insurance requirements regarding the laboratory to be used in each circumstance.
- Confirm orders in Artworks and/or encounter forms to ensure accuracy of specimens collected.
- Ensure that required consent forms for testing are completed.
- Verify identifiers on specimens with patients.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of lab changes and requirement
- Keep phlebotomy lab and other clinical areas clean and stocked.
- Sterilize equipment.
- Ensure that timely preventive maintenance and repairs are performed on clinical equipment.
Data entry/computer/clerical tasks:
- Utilize EMR to access necessary clinical information, process lab orders, and to document patient care activities, outcomes, and test results.
- Utilize NextGen to access necessary demographic, insurance, scheduling, and other information.
- Utilize online systems for ordering of tests as necessary.
- Maintain patient confidentiality by abiding by all aspects of HIPAA.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by abiding by all aspects of OSHA.
- Adhere to all Practice standards, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to incident reporting policy and procedures.
Accountability and professionalism:
- Develop and maintain professional and effective working relationships with all customers and Practice physicians and staff.
- Actively demonstrate behaviors associated with problem-solving, multi-tasking, and accountability.
- Keep knowledge and skills current by attending continuing education and training opportunities.
- Assist with training of new lab staff
Additional patient care tasks:
- Take heights, weights, and vital signs and document results appropriately (location dependent).
- Collaborate with nursing team to have patient questions and issues addressed promptly.
- Provide anticipatory guidance for patients in terms of when to expect results and further information/instructions.
- High school graduate
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
- Medical Assistant certification is required. Certified by the Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) preferred.
- Experience in a medical office setting a plus!
- Technical skills (i.e. venipuncture/phlebotomy, injections)
- Proficiency with computer systems (i.e. Artworks, NextGen, lab portals- training provided)
- Knowledge of and compliance with insurance requirements related to lab work
- Adherence to all standards, policies, and procedures associated with safety, sanitation, confidentiality, and company operations.
- Current CPR/BLS certification- preferred
The Fertility Centers of Illinois can offer you the following benefits:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K with company match, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.