Be a part of a team dedicated to helping people build families!
Fertility Centers of Illinois is one of the nation’s leading infertility treatment practices, providing advanced reproductive endocrinology services in the Chicagoland area for more than 30 years.
At Fertility Centers of Illinois/IntegraMed Fertility, we believe that every person, every couple, deserves compassionate care during the fertility treatment process. Every member of our team is dedicated to providing our patients every possible opportunity for successful family-building.
Our goal is simple: to provide the highest quality of care that results in a healthy pregnancy for our patients.
Together, we make families happen!
• More than 65,000 patients cared for since 1997
• Eleven (11) nationally and internationally recognized, fellowship-trained physicians
• Over 30,000 babies born!
• More In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) procedures than any other practice in the Midwest-more than 25,000 since 1997
• State-of-art facilities offering a less costly alternative than hospitals
• The only infertility practice in the Midwest providing professional counseling from in-house, licensed, clinical psychologists and behavioral health specialists
• One of the nation’s first fertility practices to integrate holistic/mind-body approaches to complement medical treatment
What if each day you could….
• Make a difference in the lives of others
• Fulfill the dreams of parenthood for a couple or individual
• Work in a team environment that has a common goal
• See challenges as opportunities to excel and grow as an individual while contributing to an important mission
You can do this here at Fertility Centers of Illinois!
We are looking for a full time Registered Nurse to support our Center for Collaborative Reproduction department (also known as Third Party). This department's goal is to make it as easy as possible for our patients to use an egg donor, sperm donor, embryo donor or surrogacy to help streamline the journey of achieving pregnancy.
This position is located in River North, 900 North Kingsbury, Chicago, Illinois. This position is 40 hours per week, working four (4), ten (10) hour shifts. Must have flexible schedule as limited weekend rotation of up to four (4) days per year is required.
This position helps manage the egg donor, gestational carrier, embryo donation, known sperm donation and intended parent (client) relationships from inception to completion and ensures that the gamete source(s) is medically and genetically screened according to Company and regulatory policies.
Responsibilities included, but not limited to the following:
• Manages the direct care of donors, recipients, gestational carriers/surrogates, and intended parents through the entire fertility journey. This involves extensive patient consults, screening, synching cycles, ordering and explaining medication, giving schedules, keeping an eye on their cycles once taken over by IVF, following up on outcomes, reviewing donors for re-acceptance, and addressing all questions and concerns.
• Collaborates with agencies, attorneys, psychologists, financial coordinators, and others throughout the process.
• Learn, follow, and keep up-to-date with FDA regulations and ASRM guidelines related to Center for Collaborative Reproduction/Third Party.
• Counsels patients about all details of Center for Collaborative Reproduction/Third Party Reproduction and the steps in the process.
• Counsels, educates, and coordinates patient care with the patient/couple throughout the fertility journey. Manages a caseload of patients in all phases of treatment at Fertility Centers of Illinois Fertility to include prescreening, treatment, and post treatment.
• Provides patient/couple counseling, OI/IUI/IVF procedure education, and scheduling of treatment/coordination of treatment cycles after initial and follow up visits.
• Manages patient treatment plans in conjunction with established clinical protocols.
• Directs and monitors cycling visits including: medication instruction (schedule, dosage and administration), anticipatory guidance, and clarification of physician instructions.
• Communicates physician orders and instructions.
• Communicates laboratory results with appropriate interpretation and explanation.
• Coordinates scheduling of cycles and procedures with patient and appropriate staff (financial, labs, OR supervisor, etc.).
• Monitors for scheduling of ER, ET, FET, IUI, and other in-house surgical procedures as needed. Provides pre and post op education.
• Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional and psychological support to patients and patients’ families.
• Assures quality care by adhering to therapeutic standards; follows physician practice and nursing division philosophies, as well as standards of care set by the state and other governing agency regulations.
• Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records including the ARTWorks Clinical Information System.
• Utilizes the Patient Care Module in ARTWorks to provide consistent and timely patient follow up and management of testing and cycles.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, and calling for assistance from other health care support personnel when appropriate.
• Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Provides appropriate documentation of patient care via ARTWorks Clinical Information System and other forms as needed.
• Accepts resource assignment; assists all staff with information of area assigned.
• Cooperates, interfaces and works independently to assure the program goals are achieved.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping all patient information confidential. Complies with HIPAA regulations.
• Utilizes financial department to provide appropriate information to patients and ensures that patients are financially cleared before beginning of treatment.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Registered Nurse with current Illinois license in good standing. BSN highly preferred.
- Current BLS/CPR certification.
- Experience in infertility/women’s health nursing preferred but not required.
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a very fast-paced environment with a high patient volume, while maintaining composure and an individualized, compassionate approach to patient care.
The Fertility Centers of Illinois offers:
- An amazing opportunity for you to make a transformative difference in people’s lives!
- Competitive salary.
- Medical (Blue Cross/Blue Shield), dental, life, 401K with company match, STD, LTD, life insurance and vision coverage for full time employees.
- A very generous PTO policy and six (6) paid holidays.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement ($1,000.00) for full time employees after one year!
- Free Annual Wellness Screenings for all employees.
- Flexible Spending Account.
- Free Flu Shots.
- Employee assistance program.
For additional information on FCI, please visit our website at www.FCIonline.com.
Fertility Centers of Illinois participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S through the U.S Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S Department of Social Security (SSA).
All offers of employment with Fertility Centers of Illinois/Integramed are contingent upon the background check, drug screen and reference check process.