Traffic Control / Flagger
Green Mountain Flagging is an exciting family-run company protecting work zones all over Vermont and throughout the Northeast. It is easy to join us, and rewarding to be part of our team! This is a perfect opportunity for starting a career with amazing growth potential and benefits.
As a Traffic Control professional, you will be responsible for providing traffic control to Vermont work zones year round. GMF will provide you with the training and knowledge needed to ensure regulations and procedures are properly carried out. This position has a variable schedule, and work locations can vary depending on client need. Some weekend availability is expected. Seasonal and year round positions are available.
Why join the GMF team?
- Earn up to $16 your 1st-year with no contract,
- Starting Pay - $13.00 per hour
- Full-time Seasonal
- Flexible and accommodating scheduling
- Professional development for increased opportunities & pay!
- If you have a vehicle that can be used for the job, you’re eligible for a raise.
- No experience necessary! We will train you!
“I joined GMF because I recently had my first child and wanted to provide for my growing family. GMF lets me accomplish my goals and provide for my son. I love working outside and my co-workers are the best! I love this company!” - Michael, Flagger for 3 months
“The best part of working for GMF is the flexibility and willingness of the company to be helpful to their workers.” – Melissa, Flagger for 6 weeks
“My favorite day on the job was assisting storm damage repairs. The locals had no power for over a week. After 2 days out, we got their power on. As we were leaving, all the locals were by the road cheering and waiving as we rolled out. Very rewarding!” – Christina, Flagger & Crew Leader for 3 years
- Responsible for personal safety, and safety of clients, co-workers and general public.
- Must be able to follow training and uphold safety protocols.
- Aware and vigilant of surroundings to spot safety hazards.
- Must be able to work under pressure and react to potential danger in an urgent manner.
- Clear and professional communication with clients, co-workers and general public.
- Must be able to submit paperwork to proper channels.
- 18 Years or older
- Ability to aquire and maintain an ATSSA certification
- Ability to work outdoors
- Ability to stand for a minimum of eight hours
- Able and willing to travel (personal vehicle that can be used for the job a plus!)