Green Mountain Flagging is an exciting family-run company protecting work zones all over Vermont and throughout the Northeast. It is easy to join us, and rewarding to be part of our team!
This is a perfect opportunity for starting a career with amazing growth potential and benefits.
A Crew Leader is a senior level Flagger who has deep knowledge and proven practice following Traffic Control laws and norms. The Crew Leader is responsible for the setup and basic management of the work zone. Crew Leaders are able to drive a company or personal vehicle and are responsible for completing any paperwork and submitting it in a timely manner.
All Crew Leaders are hired on a 6 week probationary period.
- Active ATSSA Certificate, Knowledge of traffic control practices and standards
- Previous experience as a Flagger
- Valid Driver’s License
- Leadership and Communication Skills
- Ability to Drive a Company Truck or Personal Vehicle – Personal Vehicle must be able to safety transport 500 lbs of equipment and another flagger daily.
- Have or obtain the following certifications within the first 6 months of employment: OSHA 10 & CPR/First Aid
- Completion of GMF Crew Leader Training
- Reliable communication daily with the office
- Maintaining GMF Standards, Policies, Procedures
- Ability to get self and partner to the job site on time and fully prepared
- Ability to lead and give clear and concise direction
- Ability to receive feedback and follow corrective actions
- Great Attendance and Punctuality
- Occasional administrative Duties, including handling time slips and writing incident reports
- Ability to stand for a minimum of eight hours
- Maintaining Equipment