Maplehurst Bakeries is a leading producer of frozen bakery products for In-Store and Food Service Bakeries. We are committed to leading the In Store Bakery industry by developing and bringing the most innovative products to market. Our products and services can be found at the best supermarket chains and Foodservice outlets in North America. Since 1967, Maplehurst Bakeries is proud to have become one of our nation's largest bakeries dedicated to the highest quality bakery product available.
To ensure sanitation of entire plant within Good Manufacturing Practices guidelines and government standards.
The position requires an employee be able to perform the essential functions of the job including, but not limited to, the following duties:
• Operate powered cleaning equipment that may include scissors lifts, power washers, foam applicators, steamers, automatic compactors, and various non-mechanized equipment.
• Performs plant cleaning as prescribed by the Master Sanitation Schedule. Maintains general housekeeping in all areas of plant.
• Must be able to read MSDS/SDS information and use chemical cleaning agents in a manner consistent with the manufacturer's recommendations
• Participate in training opportunities.
• Safely use and dispose of cleaning agents and chemicals.
The position requires that an employee be capable of the following:
• Ability to work a rotating schedule during the week and work every Saturday and Sunday including overtime.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must work closely with others in a team atmosphere.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds independently (on an occasional basis).
• Must be able to stand, walk, climb, reach, lift, pull, push, stoop, squat, bend and stretch as needed throughout the assigned shift.
• Must be able to read, write and understand instructions, warnings, labels and postings in English effectively.
• Must have intermediate computer skills
In addition to specific hands-on machine operation and/or area training, employees in this position will be required to successfully complete training including, but not limited to, the following programs:
• OSHA required safety training
• GMP Awareness
• Other topical training as determined by the company