Weston Bakeries Limited is a proud Canadian company operating for over 125 years. We are the national bakery leader producing a wide variety of fresh and frozen baked goods found in grocery stores, convenience stores, supermarket in-store bakeries and food service outlets. Our operations include more than 35 facilities across Canada employing over 4,000 employees in plants, distribution centers and corporate environments. Each day Canadian families start their day with the nutrients supplied by Wonder+, Country Harvest, D’Italiano.
Weston Bakeries Limited provides quality and value to our customers as well as a commitment to employee development and growth. If you are looking for an exciting and challenging career with a company that is committed to being the industry leader, your fresh start begins here!
Benefits of working at weston Bakeries ltd:
- $16.10 starting rate
- $0.50 per hour night shift premium
- Group Benefits for full-time employees including extended health and dental and life insurance
Full time and Part time positions available for both Machine operators and Sanitation
Afternoon shift: 4:00pm-12:00am and Night shift 12:00am-8:00am
o Handling chemicals
o Comply with all applicable legislative and Weston Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
o Use cleaning equipment (scrapers, brushes, pads, vacuums, scrub machine, compressed air) to clean floors, ceilings, walls of the bakery (change rooms, warehouse, freezer, refrigerators, packing and production).
o Disassemble and clean all equipment (i.e. ovens, mixing bowls, proofers, refrigeration coils, fans, etc.) and reassemble.
o Replenish supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, hairnets, etc.)
o Collect and dispose of garbage and recyclable materials.
o Clean and maintain outside bakery including snow removal.
o Clean lunchroom fridge and microwave.
o Filling out paperwork and reading/understanding assignments
o Able to multitask and manage time effectively, attention to details
o Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Packaging Machine Operator
- Comply with all applicable legislative of health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure packing machine parameters are set to product specs and running efficiently.
- Monitor the packing flow-wrap process and make adjustments as needed.
- Pack product into bags and boxes.
- Clean work areas - sweeping, cleaning all tables and surfaces, racks, and machines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Various Machine Operators
- Ensure line is running properly, paying particular attention to quality
- weighing product to ensure proper weight during production runs
- Working closely with all production team members to ensure product quality
- Ability to maintain a clean and sanitized work area with strong GMP focus
- Must adhere to all Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures