Elevate Everyday Bread Moments.
What started as a passionate hobby has turned into a world class artisan bakery. ACE Bakery was started in 1993 by two food lovers who decided the best way to get the kind of bread they wanted was to bake it themselves. We are committed to helping our retail and foodservice customers differentiate themselves by providing a wide variety of unique, high-quality breads and baked goods.
The ACE Cafe & Bread Store, located next to our flagship bakery at Hafis Road near Lawrence and Keele, offers up gourmet coffee, delicious made-to-order sandwiches, homemade soups, salads, muffins and more. You can also pick up a wide selection of fresh-from-the-bakery ACE® breads along with lots of other good things from ACE®.
We are hiring a chef who will be responsible for food preparation, while also demonstrating excellence in customer service. The successful candidate will work as a team member with other café staff, while adhering to food safety standards. This is a great opportunity for an aspiring chef or recent culinary school graduate to take a leadership role in the kitchen at a busy breakfast and lunch cafe/retail setting.
- Prepare various menu items such as soups, sandwiches, salads, etc. throughout the day
- Bake various breads and prepare desserts.
- Prepare various spreads/ingredients to ensure that the prep table is always full
- Test and implement new menu items as directed by Café Manager
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness at all times.
- Place daily orders for fresh ingredients through our preferred suppliers
- Be an advocate and ambassador for the ACE brand
Hours of Work:
Must be available to work throughout the week (Monday to Saturday) between the hours of 7:00AM to 3:30PM.