Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with distinct business units in fresh (Weston Bakeries), frozen (Maplehurst Bakeries), artisan (ACE Bakery), and biscuit (Interbake Foods). We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, and are committed to delivering great quality and high value baked goods and bakery solutions to our customers across North America. We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a supportive company culture.
We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on each of our employees committing to getting better every day. We’re always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-minded professionals who want to build a better Weston Foods with us.
- Steady Nights
- Every other weekend off.
Rate: $30 per hour (Includes Shift Premium)
As a member of the maintenance team, your primary responsibility includes perform electrical maintenance, install, examine, replace or repair components; trouble shoot electrical systems and building services. In addition, you will provide technical support to production teams in supporting production uptime, ensuring optimal functioning of the production equipment and facilities. This position provides critical support in reducing production down time, implementing and maintaining electrical programs, preventive maintenance of equipment, and effective troubleshooting and repair of equipment. The Electrician is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
- PLC and HMI programming changes and troubleshooting including modification and calibration of equipment; weight scales VFD, Servomotors and network communications experience.
- Repair, troubleshooting and installation of machinery including electrical and electronic equipment, control systems and automation
- Electrical wiring and testing of automated systems
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
- Previous Food industry experience preferred
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.