We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
We're always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-driven professionals who want to build the premier North American bakery organization with us.
Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with distinct business units in fresh (Weston Bakeries), frozen (Maplehurst Bakeries), artisan (ACE Bakery), and biscuit (Interbake Foods). We bake our products in more than 50 facilities across Canada and the USA, and are committed to delivering great quality and high value baked goods and bakery solutions to our customers across North America. We conduct our business with integrity, contribute to our communities, and foster a supportive company culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on each of our employees committing to getting better every day. We’re always interested in connecting with high-performing, career-minded professionals who want to build a better Weston Foods with us.
The Millwright is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
- $28 / HOUR with potential for raise after probation
Shift: Afternoons, Nights , weekends as required
PAY: $28 / HOUR to Start
Shifts: Week to Week Schedule, 8 hour shifts.
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and mill machines to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Troubleshooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Valid Red Seal Millwright License (Ideally)
- 2-5 years' industrial mechanical experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Proven track record working with mechanics, machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines), welding (ARC, TIG, MIG), and pneumatic & hydraulic fields is required.
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills are required.
- Ability to work a flexible shift day/afternoon/night, Sunday to Saturday.
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.