Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Site Reliability Engineer
A Marketo site reliability engineer (SRE) designs, assembles and maintains all aspects of network, system and service platforms. The SRE team eliminates inefficiencies and incompatibilities which jeopardize service availability. Key aspects of this role include automation, configuration management and tools development.
- Write software to improve operations and services availability, efficiency and scalability
- Forecast capacity needs and draft resource utilization reports
- Resolve service outages and build automated responses for recurrence prevention
- Influence development and administration decisions to enhance application integration and delivery
- Address security and compliance concerns, in accordance with company policies
- Identify and leverage new technologies and methodologies
- Advance infrastructure as code practices
- Document operations processes and procedures
- Participate in on call rotation
Required Skills / Experience
- Computer Science BS or equivalent discipline, with at least five years’ experience
- Programming experience with one or more relevant languages: C++, Go, Java, Python, Ruby, etc
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and object-oriented programming
- Extensive experience with large scale, geographically-diverse service environments
- Experience with Linux systems administration, including client-server interaction
- Solid understanding of OSI and TCP/IP models
- Deep knowledge of network, system and service redundancy methods
- Familiarity with IaaS and PaaS functionality and API interaction, AWS a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with state and configuration management systems a plus
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.