Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Director/Sr. Director of Global Marketing Operations
The Director/Sr. Director of Global Marketing Operations at Marketo is a high profile and critical role. The role of this leader is to manage the entire marketing operations department, own the strategy for Marketo’s MarTech stack, provide insights and analytics, as well as monitor, measure, and analyze the effectiveness of all marketing initiatives and programs globally delivering executive and operational dashboards. You are a partner to sales and the rest of the marketing organization and comfortable working with the C-suite.
In this position, you will own the governance, systems, database, marketing and sales funnel, and budget accountability for the entire customer lifecycle including brand awareness, customer acquisition, adoption, upsell/cross sell and retention.
The Director/Sr. Director of Marketing Operations also works to deliver key insights and recommendations that optimize the performance of the marketing department and marketing programs/campaigns, and assists the marketing department as a whole in the achievement of its goals and optimize funnel conversion rates and velocity. This position may be based in our Denver Center of Excellence or the San Mateo, CA HQ location and will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
- Strategic and tactical oversight of Marketo’s instance of Marketo and the related systems such as salesforce.com, predictive scoring solutions, data sources and more.
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain the integrity of the Marketo data.
- Continuous evaluation and iteration of best practices that will drive the highest revenue marketing returns.
- Optimize lead scoring, lead flow and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to SDRs for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates.
- Work closely with Sales Operations to ensure governance of Salesforce.com and two-way data integrity between CRM and Marketo.
Analytics & Reporting
- Create and manage a yearly plan of record (POR) for Marketing and Sales.
- Leverage Tableau, Salesforce.com and Marketo for lead, campaign, and program tracking and analysis.
- Own the ROI metrics for all marketing programs and the marketing department in entirety
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support Sales and Marketing and measure all aspects of the marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance.
- Develop executive reports that accurately communicate Marketing effectiveness.
- Quickly implement projects involving diverse and complex data relationships.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Marketing with at least 5 of those years being in marketing operations, preferably working as a Head of Marketing Operations.
- Recognized as an advanced user of B2B marketing automation systems like Marketo, Eloqua, Adobe or Pardot
- Must have at least 3 years experience in System Administration and marketing experience using Salesforce.com – comfortable with workflows and APEX triggers.
- Fluent in end-to-end MarTech ecosystem
- Deep expertise and experience in B2B SaaS (or similar high volume, high velocity markets).
- Results-driven individual with exceptional analytical skills in quantitative data analysis of program effectiveness, forecasting, and ROI.
- Understanding of data mining, data warehousing, business intelligence, and lead management processes and technologies.
- Strong team player with an ability to develop effective working relationships across the organization as well as externally with an ability to inspire and move a cross-functional team in a unified direction and with a unified vision. Must be an approachable and relatable person that marketing operations department juniors will follow and who will organically earn the trust of the Chief Marketing Officer, key stakeholders, and external partners.
- Undergraduate degree in business, mathematics, engineering, science or a related field from a top-tier university (or equivalent experience), MBA a plus.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.