Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Staff Software Engineer – Marketing Platform
Our Marketing Platform Team is responsible for building backend components that process large amounts of data in near real-time. Whether it is CRM synchronization, delivering millions of emails, or REST API’s to integrate with external systems, these components are a foundation for Marketo’s Marketing Automation Platform. Our customers have millions of leads in their Marketo systems. Their ability to market to those leads and to share them with the sales team in an accurate and timely manner is mission critical and challenging. Solving these problem with the scalability and high performance that our customers demand is a key job for the Marketing Automation Platform team.
As the senior engineer on this team, you will be a key contributor to help take the Marketo platform backend components to the next level of scalability and performance. We use proven technologies like Java and MySQL and we use leading edge Big Data technologies like Scala, Spark, Kafka and Hadoop.
We value people who are smart, self-motivated, and easy to work with. If you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems in a dynamic, collaborative, and fun-loving environment, we think this is a good opportunity for you.
- Design, implement, test and support product features that are available 24x7 with 99.9% up time
- Provide technical leadership
- Work independently and collaboratively
- Conduct effective peer code reviews
- Actively participant in the architecture and design discussions
Required Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of industry software architecture, design, development experience building enterprise scale systems
- Strong core Java, design patterns and OO skills
- SQL proficiency
- Big Data technologies like Spark, Kafka, Hadoop is highly desired
- Testing frameworks like JUnit
- Agile development methodologies
- Build and version control tools like SVN, Git, Maven, Perforce, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience)
It is great if you know:
- MySQL, HBase, Mongo DB
- Scala, PHP
- Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper
- Cassandra, Redis, memcached
- Akka framework
- Spring framework
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.