Marketo is truly at the forefront of the rapidly evolving and competitive landscape of Marketing Technology and experiencing hyper-growth. We have the most inspired, customer-obsessed people supercharging a nation of empowered marketers with inspiration, education and an unrivaled engagement platform. Our people are fueled with a passion for innovation, competition, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. That fire is what makes Marketo an amazing place to work. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, Marketo serves customers all over the world and has offices in Denver, CO; Portland, OR; Atlanta, GA; Dublin, Ireland; London, UK; Tel Aviv; Sydney, Australia; and Tokyo, Japan.
Director of Product Management
This person will be responsible for defining the strategy and roadmap for Marketo’s analytics across multiple products. This is a unique, high-level position with a broad scope; you will need to be very hands-on, defining both market and product requirements while working directly with engineers to define and deliver solutions. You will own broad platform projects ranging from core SaaS platform services to metering/analytics. You should be very familiar with modern analytics and big data platform technologies with horizontal scale out capabilities. You can work well with remote engineering teams.
You will work collaboratively with product marketing, support, professional services, sales and sales engineering to assist with the go-to-market for your products. Additionally, as a key spokesperson for your products you must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
- Drive the analytics strategy and execution for Marketo
- Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to define market requirements, and translate these requirements into product requirements (PRDs) that the engineering team can deliver to, on time, and within budget
- Work closely with UX designers, UI engineers, and software engineers to drive the ideation, planning, development and launch of new analytics capabilities
- Create and deliver product training to enable services and support teams
- Work closely with product marketing, and a full cross-functional team including product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. assisting with a go to market plan
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers
- Represent Marketo at conferences and other events
- Know our customers, their challenges, and how they deal with those challenges today (including through competitive products)
- Have 7+ years of Product Management experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience building SaaS platform services and/or big data analytics solutions is desired.
- Understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience; MBA desired
- Previous marketing automation experience is nice to have
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer