Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
The Compensation Analyst will support the definition and business strategy; scenario analysis and overall design of compensation plans for a high performance customer facing organization. The analyst will also play a supporting role in the execution of sales compensation by working with the commissions accounting team to document policy, resolve policy questions, and may lead compensation process improvements from time to time.
The ideal candidate has a strong analytical background, is experienced in developing and writing business process documents, and is equally strong at driving execution around multiple compensation plans. The candidate should be able to develop strong rapport and credibility with sales representatives and first line sales managers.
This role supports the design and documentation of compensation policies and plans:
- Be the primary owner of compensation plan models
- Run various scenarios based on different compensation models and summarize results for executive review
- Documenting all compensation policies and procedures
- Attending weekly compensation committee meetings, documenting actions, following up to ensure execution
- Project managing various compensation process improvements
- Supporting the annual plan process by summarizing all comp plan changes across the global sales organization
Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years of work experience in Sales Compensation or Senior Financial Analyst role
- 3+ year preferred
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce.com and technically savvy for other data systems including compensation system
- Strong process development and writing experience
- Excellent verbal communications skills;
- Experience in Sales Operations, or role supporting the Sales Function
- Detail oriented
- High energy level and positive outlook
- Strong organizational skills
- Career minded
- Self starter, able to work with limited direction and oversight
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.