Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
The advent of Big Data has revolutionized the way marketers engage with their customers and Marketo has taken full advantage of the power of Big Data to help its customers to grow customer lifetime value through personalized customer engagement at scale.
As an engineer on this team, you will be a key contributor on a specialized team to help take the Marketo platform components to the next level of scalability and performance. You will have the opportunity to design, architect, and implement the heart and soul of Marketo’s new big data architecture, such as:
- A Solr-based search application that provides ad hoc search and query capability to tens of thousands of Marketo users
- A storage engine powered by latest Big Data technologies that stores insightful information for marketers to analyze and take actions on
- Persistence layer powered by latest Big Data technologies that enable our massively parallel marketing campaign engine to process tens of millions of tasks per hour
- Design, develop and test (including automated, continuous integration) key product features/components of our platform.
- Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but surprisingly easy to maintain. Be independent in feature/component design and conduct effective peer code reviews where needed.
- Be an active participant in the architecture and design discussions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of industry software development experience.
- Strong core Java, design patterns and OOD/OOP skills.
- Industry experience in Big Data technologies, including:
- Hadoop, HBase
- Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper
- Solr / Lucene
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a team player
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred (or equivalent experience)
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.