Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Principal Product Manager/Director - Analytics
This person will be responsible for defining the strategy and roadmap for Marketo’s analytics across multiple products. This is a unique, high-level position with a broad scope; you will need to be very hands-on, defining both market and product requirements while working directly with engineers to define and deliver solutions. You should be very familiar with modern OLAP technologies and horizontal scale such as Druid. You understand how to build complex marketing/business analytics to deliver superior value to our customers. You can work well with remote engineering teams.
You will work collaboratively with product marketing, support, professional services, sales and sales engineering to assist with the go-to-market for your products. Additionally, as a key spokesperson for your products you must be comfortable engaging with customers, partners and internal teams in both small and large group settings.
- Drive the analytics strategy and execution for Marketo
- Manage products through various launch phases and follow-on releases
- Interact with partners, customers and prospects to define market requirements, and translate these requirements into product requirements (PRDs) that the engineering team can deliver to, on time, and within budget
- Work closely with UX designers, UI engineers, and software engineers to drive the ideation, planning, development and launch of new analytics capabilities
- Create and deliver product training to enable services and support teams
- Work closely with product marketing, and a full cross-functional team including product marketing, sales, partners, support etc. assisting with a go to market plan
- Collaborate with product marketing to develop product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers
- Represent Marketo at conferences and other events
- Know our customers, their challenges, and how they deal with those challenges today (including through competitive products)
- Have 2+ years of Product Management experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions
- Understanding of the most recent trends around Big Data and Analytics, and visualization tools a plus
- BS degree in a technology-related field or equivalent experience; MBA desired
- Previous Marketing Automation experience or experience with marketing analytics is desired
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.