Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Manager, HR Operations
Marketo provides easy-to-use, powerful and complete marketing software that propels fast-growing small companies and global enterprises, turning marketing from a cost center into a revenue driver. Marketo’s marketing automation and sales effectiveness software – including the world’s first integrated solution for social marketing automation – helps thousands of companies around the world streamline marketing processes, deliver more campaigns, generate more win-ready leads, and dramatically improve sales performance.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Human Resources, the Manager of HR Operations is a key member of the HR leadership team that is committed to building an exceptional employee experience. Providing overall management and leadership of HR Operations, this role manages the HR team comprised of specialists and generalists who are responsible for all the front-line HR operations functions, including benefit design and administration, compensation planning and administration, HRIS, onboarding, immigration, HR analytics and dashboard and interpreting and administering Human Resources policies, programs, and procedures. Acts as a resource and functional expert to HR Business Partners, management and employees.
- Develop and document business processes and workflows
- Manage team, establishing performance standards and holding team accountable for results
- Develop key metrics and provide systematic reporting to support HR Business Partners, including: headcount management, HR analytics, EEO tracking, budget management, diversity metrics, organizational and workforce planning
- Develop comprehensive communications plans to educate employees on employee value proposition, self-service tools, and HR policies and processes
- Lead research, administration and deployment of various HR related systems and tools.
- Maintain integrity of employee data in all HR systems (Workday, bswift)
- Track and ensure that HR Operations stays current on existing and proposed legislation/market updates
- Audit existing HR Operation processes and create, develop and communicate best practices
- Oversee Compensation in the participation of surveys and develop market analysis
- Help develop Total Rewards mix to attract, retain, and motivate key talent
- Maintain strong knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations related to HR industry practices
Required Skills, Experience and Education
- 5+ years of solid HR experience in a global environment with 2+ years managing a team of generalists and specialists delivering HR programs and initiatives
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and project management skills
- Experience providing guidance and consultation regarding policy and procedures to management and employees
- Strong communicator with a business acumen and the ability to develop effective partnerships at all levels
- Proven ability to think strategically and tactically while also managing details
- Experience with HRIS, benefits administration, compensation programs, and other HR programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Access, and Excel
- BA Degree or equivalent experience in HR
- HR professional designation preferred
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.