Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
As product manager, you will:
- Connect the dots: Talk to customers, learn the market, know the, tell executives, write specifications and get it done.
- Freely express your innovative ideas: Create wireframes & specs to define ideas, get agreement and build product.
- Produce great software: Partner with engineering to ensure products are built to spec. Make tough calls to maximize quality for the customer.
- Build the business: Work cross-functionally, elbow to elbow with executives, marketing, customer service and engineering to drive the product roadmap and build the business.
- Manage the iterative lifecycle of product line from market requirements to product release including: concept, scope, specifications, prioritization, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
- Champion the product internally and externally, pushing for rapid adoption of features.
- Collaborate with marketing and engineering on product development during the concept phase to assess value, usability and feasibility of product features.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
- Balance product requirements and market impact against time to market and project risks.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release. Ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- Initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
- Analyze quantitative data to determine which plans are most successful and identify new product opportunities.
- 3+ years of Product Management experience, preferably within Enterprise SaaS or a related field
- A strong technical background, detail-oriented.
- Prior technical product management experience, a passion for building scalable software systems and a willingness to get into the nitty gritty details when needed
- Capable of having intelligent conversations with engineers about technical design tradeoffs, scalability and performance.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable software systems
- Great communication skills- both written and verbaly
- Degree in Computer Science/ related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.