Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
- Manage semi-monthly US payroll; ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner
- Review and approve international subsidiaries payrolls
- Supervise and coach payroll specialist
- Review payroll-related regulatory filings
- Resolve any payroll related issues relating to employee inquiries.
- Notify and respond to federal or state agencies relating to wage garnishments.
- Process government reporting relating to benefit audit reports
- Prepare RSU, ISO, NQ and ESPP Stock transactions related payroll filing
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and account reconciliations, assist in GL closing activities
- Assist in year-end audit, quarterly review, 401K audit, and tax audit
- Critically review and analyze payroll, benefits and tax procedures to achieve best-practice operations
- Ad-hoc support for HR, Finance, Sales and other groups requiring analysis of payroll trends
- Lead ongoing process improvements within the Payroll function that increase our efficiency while maintaining strong control
- 5+ years as an owner of full-cycle payroll
- 2-5 years management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related majors strongly preferred
- Proficient in ADP Workforce Now or PayExpert; Advanced Excel user
- Expert knowledge of payroll and payroll tax rules and regulations in US
- Familiarity with multi-state Wage and Hour Law a plus
- Detail oriented and strong organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; great customer service and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to rapidly-changing environments
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.