Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
This is an exciting role that will serve as the central point of contact for Marketo’s high volume commercial segment. In this role, you will manage a top of funnel pipeline quota and partner closely with the Sales team as together you create awareness, interest and revenue for Marketo. You will need to be a sales minded marketer, fast thinking, creative, crafty and quick to both problem solve and execute. Prior SaaS sales or marketing experience is highly desired.
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements
- Lead a team to drive demand creation and lead generation activity in creating brand awareness and developing qualified sales leads that result in new sales pursuit opportunities.
- Develop the integrated go to market plan required to support the monthly sales goals and annual revenue goals for the Commercial segment, including vendor and agency management, digital channel strategy, multi-touch engagement initiatives and overall budget ownership.
- Deliver a weekly top of funnel pipeline forecast, measure and analyze impact of programs on sales cycles with monthly dashboards to demonstrate campaign progress and region success.
- Analyze the lead flow success rate and make real time program adjustments to accelerate win rates across the funnel.
- Act as an extension of the sales team though ongoing partnership with the SDRs (Sales Development Rep) regional sales VP’s and account executives.
- Create and execute account based marketing plans to bring target accounts into the funnel.
- As a subject matter expert, you will be a key member of the deal team, providing insight into Marketo best practices and helping to close new business.
- Manage and build a team to support the execution of the Demand Generation charter for the Commercial business segment.
- Travel required up to 50%, based on location
Required Skills/ Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in B2B SaaS or software marketing required, sales experience a bonus.
- Ability to travel between 30-50%
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; MBA is desired.
- CRM (Salesforce.com) and Marketo experience required
- Ability to demonstrate prior success in the execution of effective multi-channel demand generation marketing campaigns
- Prior experience working in or with a high technology sales department with an understanding of sales cycles
- Strong ability to influence others, earn trust and respect from sales management, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Outstanding presentation/communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, lead by example and achieve extraordinary results
- Data driven, high energy, self-directed, team player
- Experience building and leading high performing, dispersed teams
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.