Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Email Compliance Analyst
Marketo is seeking an Email Compliance Analyst to be part of our Privacy & Deliverability team, which manages compliance with Marketo’s Terms of Service and delivery of email for customers around the globe.
Qualified candidates will respond to incoming abuse complaints, investigate spam blocks, and monitor customer deliverability metrics. When required, the Email Compliance Analyst will communicate with customers and represent recommendations for best practices on sender reputation and inbox deliverability.
The Email Compliance Analyst will work with the Support, Services and other internal teams to ensure rapid resolution of any compliance or delivery issues.
They will use metric-based processes to quickly identify indicators of customer activity that may be out of compliance with Marketo’s Terms of Service. And they will leverage early identification to prevent compliance issues; develop and execute compliance programs; complete documentation.
Compliance Engineer Job Duties:
- Resolve blocks, blacklist listings and direct abuse complaints through work with customers, ISPs and antispam organizations
- Assist in the troubleshooting of escalation tickets submitted by different Marketo Teams
- Respond to email that is sent to abuse@marketo, communicate issues of non-compliance with Terms of Service to Marketo’s customers
- Perform regular audits of delivery metrics, trending, reputation data, best practice compliance and authentication results
- Review customer and global delivery metrics, trending, reputation data, and authentication results; make recommendations for optimization; developing and evaluating new compliance methodologies
- Attains compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes
- Maintains team accomplishments by reviewing open issues and action items; coordinating actions; contributing information and analysis to team meetings and reports.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Actively participate and build relationships with deliverability industry groups and email coalitions to understand the general requirements for success with ISP deliverability challenges and associated techniques for successful inbox delivery
Compliance Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years of experience with online marketing applications, with specific experience using email campaign deployment or sending (MTA) software.
- Email-related technologies, including MTAs, SMTP, DNS, FBLs, whitelisting, authentication, etc.
- Working knowledge of email bounce types, email abuse patterns, spam and security threat landscape
- Working knowledge of the email delivery ecosystem, and preferably direct experience working with email receivers and ISPs, and senders on deliverability best practices
- Team player, with ability to self-manage workload and be flexible for supporting a global operation
- Excellent communications skills to negotiate with receivers as well as counsel customers on sound sending practices to maintain highest level of compliance on Marketo's network
- Experience with CASL and EU privacy directive is a plus
- Stay current on deliverability and sender reputation trends in the industry and make recommendations for higher performance of the Marketo network.
- Collaborative worker with ability to work independently and self-manage
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer