Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
You will be the first point of contact for the company, creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, with the key aim of attracting and retaining new customers and employees. In addition, you will perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities for the department and company to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
- Work closely with product management to understand product requirements, including use cases, business objectives, and customer-specific needs.
- Work closely with User Experience team to understand personae, user stories, and workflow diagrams.
- Design and defend solutions that address user needs while conforming to architectural requirements, framework limitations, and testable coding standards.
- Contribute as a thought leader and technical resource to other teams, both in an informal mentoring role and in a formal code reviewer role.
- Participate in the design of our next generation architecture.
Required skills and experience
- B.S. or higher studies in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7-10+ years of experience developing large scale applications with high availability and reliability requirements, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Extensive experience with object-oriented design and development techniques, using Java, PHP, or frameworks like Ruby or Python.
- Solid foundation in OO design and databases/SQL.
- Experience building algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques required.
Desired skills and experience
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with software design and architecture.
- Previous LAMP stack experience highly desirable.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Experience with XML, SOAP, Rest.
- Database experience in high volume transactional application scenarios, ideally with MySQL, is desired.
- Strong performance tuning, troubleshooting, and analytical skills helpful.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.