Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
Marketo is looking for a dynamite Public Relations Specialist. This person will become an integral part of the Corporate Communications team, working across Corporate Marketing and the global Marketing organization to tell Marketo’s story externally. The ideal candidate must be a stellar writer; results-driven; experienced pitching media and other influencers; exhibit strong organizational skills; and a creative thinker. (S)he will be a self-starter, flexible, and excited to elevate their career in communications. This role will support the Corporate Communications team, reporting into the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications.
- Support the communications team on program execution
- Create written communications such as blog posts, award submissions, speaking opportunities, abstracts, and Q&As
- Research and develop news story ideas and draft media relations materials such as pitches, press releases, briefing materials, and coverage reports
- Distribute Marketo news and thought leadership via CMOnation.com and the Marketing Nation Community
- Regularly track and report results of PR programs
- Research and create media monitoring reports to track Marketo and competitor news coverage
- Demonstrate writing excellence when crafting press releases, proactive pitches, blog posts, and advertising copy
- Assist with administrative duties, as needed
- Strong media relations/storytelling skills – proven track record of generating coverage
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in public relations or communications, either in-house or agency
- Proven ability to execute media relations and storytelling, including creating pitches and facilitating media briefings
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to learn PR, CMS, and marketing technology systems quickly
- Strong written communications skills, including impeccable copy editing (writing and copy editing samples will be required)
- Strong attention to detail and intuition
- Experience with programs such as Cision, SilverStripe, WordPress, and TrendKite a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in the software industry
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.