Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
The VP or Senior Director of Corporate Communications will be responsible for the global communications strategy, development and delivery of a broad range of corporate and marketing communications, thought leadership and public relations activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the market, company, products and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization and will need to build relationships with the media, influencers and internal and external stakeholders.
This position will report to the GVP Corporate Marketing and be a key leadership position in the global Marketing organization. This leader will oversee– public relations, influencer relations, employee engagement and all social marketing for the company. Previous experience at large (public or private), multinational enterprise software/technology (SaaS) companies preferred.
- Create a communications/public relations strategy that will allow Marketo to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization. Work with the leadership team as well as staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions.
- Manage 6-person team and agency relationships to ensure highest level of thought leadership, performance and results
- Identify key communications trends beneficial to Marketo.
- Represent Marketo leadership and products to external parties
- Recruit as needed, and manage a communications team to support the development and execution of the communications strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience and a demonstrated track record of success at an executive level performance with a fast growth company
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier technology and business reporters and editors.
- Successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive, strategic communications, media relations program, social engagement to advance Marketo’s mission and goals
- Creative and thoughtful on how an integrated brand approachan positively impact the lifecycle and consistency of communications
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of communications professionals
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peersSelf-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Excellent and persuasive communicator
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and Marketo’s Executive leadership and staff
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.