Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
People are receiving more than 2900 marketing messages every day. Marketo’s challenge is to help marketers to breakthrough the noise with personal, targeted, intelligent email campaigns. Our powerful email engine includes features such as dynamic content, automatic trigger, segmentation, A/B test, and email action tracking.
As an engineer on this team, you will work on Marketo’s email engine as well as other platform components and help take them to the next level of scalability and performance. We use proven technologies like Java and leading edge Big Data technologies like Spark, Kafka, Mongo and Scala.
If you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and fun-loving environment, we think this is a good opportunity for you.
- Design, develop and test (including automated, continuous integration) key product features/components of our platform.
- Develop systems that are highly reliable, scalable, but surprisingly easy to maintain.
- Be independent in feature/component design and conduct effective peer code reviews where needed.
- Be an active participant in the architecture and design discussions.
- 3 to 10 years of industry software development experience.
- Strong core Java, design patterns and OOD/OOP skills.
- SQL proficiency
- Experience in Big Data technologies highly desired
- Testing frameworks like Junit
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a team player.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
It is great if you know:
- Scala, Java, PHP
- Hadoop, HBase, Spark
- Yarn, Oozie, Zookeeper
- Cassandra, Redis, Mongo
- Akka framework
- Spring framework
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.