Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
As the Director of User Experience, you will lead a team of talented, passionate, people-first designers and researchers based out of San Mateo and Portland. Working directly with product managers and engineers, you will also help define the product roadmap and planning of resources. You will recruit, manage, and mentor the entire UX team.
Along with helping to define and guide the optimal process, you will go the extra mile and be the champion for it at the company level. To help inform your decisions, you’ll interact regularly with customers and stakeholders at all levels. We love our customers, and in turn, they love us.
- Provide overall direction for design
- Lead design across all Marketo products
- Manage, mentor, coach, and grow UX team
- Define and develop team goals
- Ensure design solutions are implemented within technical constraints
- Manage resource allocation across all initiatives
- Champion a customer-first design driven-culture
- Quickly make best friends with your fellow Designers, Product Managers and Engineers because it takes a village to ship a product
- Have implemented solid systems and processes for teams to scale, while protecting the creativity, agility, and initiative of the team
- Have successfully directed and led a large UX team of least ten employees
- Have a minimum 8 years of experience in UX across hands-on and leadership roles
- Experience in medium to large enterprise SaaS companies
- Experience working in an agile development organization
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.