Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
The Global Services Operations team is responsible for supporting the regional Professional Services teams with resource management, contracts management, systems administration and the provision of management information, as well as managing the processes and procedures to support them.
The Resource Manager is an integral member of the Global Professional Services Operations team. The primary objective of this position is to manage the allocation of the global resource pool against Maketo’s global portfolio of projects. This includes matching project demands with skills availability, maximizing resource utilization, contractor utilization and the maintenance and governance around our PSA systems and processes.
We are seeking candidates that are driven by exceptional performance in terms of financials, key metrics, internal and external customer satisfaction, and employee morale. Excellent organization and attention to details leads to excellent results.
Main job tasks/responsibilities:
The key area of responsibility involves resource management for the PS organization. The Resource Manager is responsible for ensuring optimal resource utilization, whilst maximizing overall revenue and contribution of the PS resources by working closely with the PS management team to assign resources to projects and negotiate schedules.
As part of the Global Resource Management team, additional responsibilities include the following.
- Develop and maintain internal PS Operations, processes other document templates and examples (sales forecast, project estimating and related information and templates)
- Prepare and maintain forecasts for staff resource planning
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports including exception reporting on project results and deliverables.
- Reconcile with monthly results with an emphasis on staff and contractor use and utilization
- Monitor Utilization to plan
- Set up and review projects budget and associated staff assignments
- Run the weekly Resourcing Ops calls
- Responsible for global oversight of skills management process and maintenance
- Global oversight and responsibility for maximizing resources globally to meet revenue targets
- Monitor the use of contractors to plan
- Ensure the quarterly closing process is followed
Requirements for this position include
- Experience in a similar Resource Management position in a Professional Services organization embedded in an Enterprise Software company.
- Experience in multi-cultural, geographically distributed services organization.
- Experience with PSA tools (Financialforce), Salesforce.com (or other leading PSA and CRM tools)
- Excellent English - written and verbal
- Outstanding inter-personal communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Project Management qualification (preferred) such as PMBOK, PRINCE2 etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technology discipline (or equivalent experience)
The personal attributes the candidates MUST exhibit: include
- Excellent organizational skills
- Judgment and ability to prioritize
- Initiative and self starter
- Team player
- Strong time management skills
- Quality driven
- Must be able to work independently with limited day to day supervision
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.