Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
A Marketo site reliability engineer (SRE) designs, assembles and maintains all aspects of network, system and service platforms. The SRE team eliminates inefficiencies and incompatibilities which jeopardize service availability. Key aspects of this role include automation, configuration management and tools development.
- Write software to improve operations and services availability, efficiency and scalability
- Forecast capacity needs, draft resource utilization reports, and optimize infrastructure spend
- Resolve service outages and build automated responses for recurrence prevention
- Influence development and administration decisions to enhance application integration and delivery
- Address security and compliance concerns, in accordance with company policies
- Identify and roll out new infrastructure technologies and methodologies
- Advance infrastructure as code practices to enable a fully automated and resilient environment
- Lead the project to change from AWS to GCP
Required Skills / Experience
- 3+ years industry experience, including working with cloud technology
- Computer Science BS or equivalent discipline, with at least 3 years’ experience (or equivalent experience)
- Programming experience with one or more relevant languages: C++, Go, Java, Python, Ruby, etc
- Familiarity with algorithms, data structures and object-oriented programming
- Extensive experience with large scale, geographically-diverse service environments
- Experience with Linux systems administration, including client-server interaction
- Solid understanding of OSI and TCP/IP models
- Deep knowledge of network, system and service redundancy methods
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Redis)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with Elastic Search or equivalent technology.
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.