Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
The Senior Performance Engineer will work as part of a high-caliber team of experienced Systems Administrators, Network Administrators, DBAs, and Application Administrators to ensure performance, deliverability and availability SLAs are met in an environment that is constantly evolving and expanding.
- Build monitoring tools and systems to provide performance telemetry
- Perform scalability design reviews and load testing of new services
- Advise teams on capacity planning, performance regression testing, and bottleneck analysis
- Develop Service Level Indicators and Objectives
- 2+ years of experience as a Performance Engineer
- Expert Linux kernel knowledge (CPU scheduling, memory management, disk and network I/O, etc)
- Tracing frameworks like bcc/BPF, perf, or DTrace
- Application tracing frameworks like openzipkin
- Experience in diagnosing performance issues using methodologies like the USE method
- Familiarity with web servers, SQL databases, networking, and the kernel networking stack
- Familiarity with Python
- Bachelor's or higher degree (preferably in CS or related field); or equivalent experience
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer