Marketo provides the leading engagement marketing software and solutions designed to help marketers develop long-term relationships with their customers – from acquisition to advocacy. Marketo is built for marketers, by marketers and is setting the innovation agenda for marketing technology. Marketo puts Marketing First. Headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices around the world, Marketo serves as a strategic partner to large enterprise and fast-growing small companies across a wide variety of industries. To learn more about Marketo’s Engagement Marketing Platform, LaunchPoint® partner ecosystem, and the vast community that is the Marketo Marketing Nation®, visit www.marketo.com.
As a member of Marketo Support, your goal is to provide fast and friendly world-class support through creative, flexible solutions and empower Revenue Performance Management success. The Technical Support Engineer is expected to take on support cases of moderate complexity and able to self-manage priorities.
We partner with our employees to provide an exciting work environment that everyone has an opportunity to shape. We value team players who are self-directed and want to influence the next wave in SaaS technology and Service innovation.
- Be a subject matter expert in Marketo technology and apply it to Marketo customers’ business processes
- Provide business and technical solutions to help customers optimize use of solution
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records in our case tracking system
- Maintain ownership of cases until resolution, drive other teams as needed and set customer expectations
- Perform problem characterization, reproduction, diagnosis, and root cause analysis
- Work with Services and Engineering personnel to resolve product issues or escalating as necessary
- Configure customer systems to meet requirements
- Author Knowledge Base Articles / Technical Notes
- File enhancement requests and work with product management to translate business needs to product requirements
Skills, Experience & Education
- BS Computer Science or equivalent degree (or equivalent experience)
- At least 2 years of progressive experience diagnosing and resolving problems in complex software environment.
- Experience providing direct support to external customers by phone, electronically, and face-to-face.
- Demonstrated experience supporting enterprise software solutions, ideally Marketing Automation, CRM, PRM, or SFA applications
- Excellent organizational skills -ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task and execute projects cross-functionally
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and ability to interact effectively with all levels of professional staff. Ability to explain complex concepts simply.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Familiarity with SaaS solutions a plus
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.