We are looking for an experienced System Administrator.
Reporting directly to the onsite IT Manager in Sandymount, the successful candidate will support an expanding office with over 280 users and maintain workstations, server and network infrastructure. This is a mid-level System Admin role, suitable for proactive and progressive applicants with 4-6 years relevant experience.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco technologies
- Standard network tasks on Cisco Network (routing, vlan assignments etc)
- Active Directory Maintenance, User Access control and maintenance of user accounts
- Support a user environment up to 300 users on an expanding Windows platform and work within a team of four colleagues
- Supporting of Office 365 applications and user access.
- Monitoring of Firewall/VPN infrastructure (ASA firewall knowledge)
- Monitor and carry out data backups
- Support user issues on Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS
- Monitor and maintain Windows 2012 servers
- Work on Helpdesk system to timelines ensuring user requests are actioned according to SLA’s. Work with other team members on helpdesk tickets.
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Maintenance of IP telephone system
- Cable Management and desk moves resulting from department restructuring
- Support the applications in Boulder Media to deliver users with software updates/support
- Maintain and update licencing database
- Imaging of user machines
- Integrate new systems as required and where necessary
- Occasional project work/carry out special tasks at Management’s direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Perform occasional research on solutions that will facilitate and enhance user’s job functions.
- Ensure you remain current and up to date on the latest software versions and ensure you have all the latest information concerning relevant software programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2008/2012) /desktop Operating Systems (WINDOW 7 and Windows 10) is ESSENTIAL
- 4-6 years’ experience working in a similar role is ESSENTIAL
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP and LAN subnetting is ESSENTIAL
- Experience in managing enterprise storage: DELL EMC storage or equivalent is ESSENTIAL
- Strong understanding of LAN/WAN networking including Cisco switching/routing skills to CCNA level is ESSENTIAL
- Active Directory user and group administration in depth knowledge is ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of IT security principles is ESSENTIAL
- In depth knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Windows server failover clustering ESSENTIAL
- Experience in racking comms/server equipment is ESSENTIAL
- Group Policy design and configuration on AD
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- VM Ware experience is desirable, not essential
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player
This role is only open to applicants willing to relocate to Ireland if required and all applicants must be eligible to work within EEA.
This company is an equal opportunities employer.