It’s rare to work at a company where you can help make a difference, even help save a life. Here at Rave Mobile Safety, you’ll have this opportunity. And a chance to learn and grow in your career.
Growing rapidly with patented and award-winning products, Rave’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) suite keeps millions of people across the United States safe, secure and connected. Rave provides innovative tools to prepare better, respond faster, and communicate more effectively during emergencies.
As a member of Rave’s engineering team, you will immediately become a contributor within an agile team working in three-week sprints to shape product backlog and deliver compelling functionality quickly with high attention to user experience, security, and quality.
You should be passionate about improving public safety, innovative technology, and creating large-scale fault-tolerant distributed systems. An ideal candidate will combine great design and coding skills with architectural sense and the passion to do great things. We’ve got a lively culture that encourages you to perform at a high level, collaborate with colleagues and take initiative. You should join our team if you love to have fun and enjoy what you do while rapidly building cool new products. If you are an expert problem solver with strengths in any of the foundations of the technology we use to build our application, we want to talk to you.
Professional Experience and Personal Qualities
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Excellent coding experience and stellar skills in Java is absolutely required
- 7 to 12 years of real-world experience in building large scale Java/JEE SaaS Enterprise applications
- DB: SQL, MySQL - clustering, scalability, a big plus
- Data modeling experience
- API design and development using latest frameworks
- Excellent Object-Oriented design skills, including algorithms and data structures
- Must be able to work cross-functionally in providing support for teams in Product Management, Quality Assurance, and Customer Support
- Self-starter who manages multiple projects simultaneously and drives to completion
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Development experience with mission-critical consumer-facing website and mobile apps
- iPhone, Android development experience
- Continuous Deployment/DevOps experience
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Webpack experience
Rave Mobile Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and utilizes the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification process.