Why would a Director of Engineering want to work @ Rave Mobile Safety? It’s rare to work at a company where you can help make a difference, even help save a life. Rave’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) suite keeps millions of people across the United States safe, secure and connected. Rave provides innovative tools to prepare better, respond faster, and communicate more effectively during emergencies. We are partnering with school’s (K-12), campus’s, companies, and people through the US to provide an effective emergency response system.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering who is a strong problem solver with strengths in any of the foundations of the technology, we use to build our application. Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 4 years of management experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment as well as a demonstrated track record of delivering software projects on-time with few defects.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand the requirements for enhancing existing SASS product.
- Become a domain expert for the requirements and implementation
- Be an individual contributor by writing technical specifications and coding sections of the software
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer to evolve the architecture of these modules
- Accurately estimate tasks and provide regular status updates as part of our scrum-based, Agile development process
- Deliver the modules as components to the larger software releases
- Work closely with the team to implement future systems
- 4+ years of Management Experience
- Strong coding skills with Java and/or other functional languages
- Expertise in building and supporting large, enterprise-scale, mission-critical applications
- Ability to debug complex, distributed systems
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Embraces testing philosophies and practices
- Experience integrating with third-party systems using REST APIs and SOAP
- Exposure to micro-service architectures
- Experience with modern UI frameworks and/or mobile is plus
Rave Mobile Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer and utilizes the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification process.