The Director, Marketing Operations is a member of the Marketing Leadership Team and will report directly to the Chief Marketing
Officer. The Director, Marketing Operations will manage a team that is responsible for leveraging key marketing systems
(Salesforce and Marketo), managing marketing team workflow, and reporting across marketing to ensure that value is being
delivered to the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage our key marketing systems (Salesforce and Marketo) to drive our business forward
- Manage marketing team workflow ensuring that requests for marketing expertise are logged, prioritized and completed in a timely and effective fashion. This includes driving the agenda for monthly all marketing meetings.
- Report across marketing to ensure that we are delivering value to the organization. This includes setting up dashboards, monitoring to identify potential gaps, root cause analysis and sharing of results. This person will act as the conscience of the team, pointing out when things are not working well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of business to business marketing
- Project management skills are essential. This person should be the most organized person on the team and should help others develop their own organizational skills
- Communication skills—both written and verbal
- Analytical skills—not only being able to run the numbers, but also understand their implications to drive to actions
- People management and coaching skills—particularly entry level employees
- Proactive, can-do attitude with a sense of urgency
- Experience with Marketo or other marketing automation software and Salesforce
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While at work, this position is primarily a sedentary job and requires that the associate can work in an environment where they will consistently be seated for the majority of the work day
- This role requires that one can sit and regularly type on a key board for the majority of their work day
- This position requires the ability to observe a computer screen for long periods of time to observe their own and others’ work, as well as, in-coming and out-going communications via the computer and/or mobile devices
- The role necessitates the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers and other associates
- The work environment is an open room with other associates and noise from others will be part of the regular work day