About the position:
Cartera Commerce, Inc. is looking for an Engineering Intern who is creative, resourceful and is interested in working closely with our senior engineers, QA, and architects to help migrate our internal CMS tool to the latest PHP Symfony Framework version. The engineering intern will have the opportunity to develop code and database scripts that will be used within the Cartera platform which powers shopping sites for millions of users.
You will be part of a fast-paced dynamic team working directly with the end users of the tools to analyze data, experiment, design and implement feature enhancements that will be used by the next generation of Cartera platform and client implementations.
Desired skills and experience:
- Required skillset:
- Familiar with Relational Database (e.g., MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Solid experience Unix/Linux operating systems (e.g., CentOS, Ubuntu, Mac OS X, etc.)
- Proficient in PHP (OOP)
- Nice to have:
- PHP Symfony Framework knowledge experience
- Experience with using PHP ORMs (Doctrine, Propel...)
- Experience with writing and executing unit tests
- Experience with Git version control system
- Strong experience in web and software development
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Strong desire to learn
- A sense of humor and passion for the web
Cartera Commerce seeks people who embrace our values of shared success, respect, impact, persistence, the ability to walk in our customer in a fun work environment.
At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing. If this kind of high-energy environment appeals to you, drop us a line!