Business Operations : Test Transactions System Analyst Intern – Lexington, MA (summer 2019)
Who we are:
Cartera Commerce’s loyalty solutions serve 4 of the top 10 card issuers, 5 of the top 6 airlines, and over 900 retailers. We have recently joined with Ebates, the pioneer and leader in online cash back shopping and a subsidiary of the global Internet services company, Rakuten. Cartera Commerce is based in Lexington, Massachusetts.
About the position:
Cartera’s platform handles millions of page views by members of our rewards programs. As a member of the Business Operations and Test Transactions Team, a Test Transactions Systems Analyst Intern will collaborate with the Test Transactions Team and Data Warehouse team to transform our spreadsheet based system of recording Test Transactions data into a database based system including input interfaces, internal processing jobs and reporting. Your role will be to evaluate the requirements, review the inputs, outputs and processes, design and create a system that the team can use to create a monthly test plan, record the results and monitor performance of the partner merchants and the Cartera systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and evaluate requirements
- Design, code, implement, QA, coordinate user acceptance testing for a database system, associated inputs and outputs, and data processing jobs
- Assist in other system automation projects as needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of systems analysis and design
- Knowledge of SQL
- Web UX development
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- Disciplined work ethic and a curious/investigative nature
- Ability to work efficiently, work effectively, and meet deadlines
Desirable Skills and Experience:
At Cartera Commerce, our employees are our most valuable assets – they are Cartera. We want you to succeed and go far here. Our dynamic environment lets you be you, while still collaborating toward team success. We want fun, proactive, high-energy individuals to join us in making people happy. Cartera Commerce offers competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and dental insurance, matching 401(k), company-paid holidays, and five weeks of paid time off per year. At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing. If this kind of high-energy environment appeals to you, drop us a line!
- Experience with data reporting, analytic tools and techniques