ASU Enterprise Partners– Manager Intellectual Property Services - Physical
Sciences, Skysong Innovations
What we do:
ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who we are:
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible -- no matter from where one comes -- and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
As the top-rated university for innovation, Arizona State is a powerful generator of intellectual capital and technology. Skysong Innovations, a private non-profit organization, disseminates and manages that capital in the marketplace by nurturing relationships between faculty, investors and industry partners. Since its creation in 2003, Skysong Innovations has launched more than 120 startups, which support over 1,000 jobs and contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to Arizona’s economy.
The Manager of Intellectual Property Services will work closely with faculty, in-house counsel and Skysong Innovations business development professionals on obtaining invention disclosures, evaluating them, and monitoring the preparation of patent applications. Additional responsibilities will include presentations to faculty, managing the patent prosecution budget, IP report generation and analysis, managing interns, and special projects.
What you'll do:
- Interact closely with ASU faculty to monitor their research activities and to solicit and assist with the completion and submission of invention disclosures
- Work with faculty to explain ASU’s technology transfer activities particularly with regard to invention disclosures, the patent application process and Skysong Innovations standard procedures and practices
- Make presentations to faculty and student groups
- When needed, work with in-house patent counsel and ASU inventors in crafting responses to patent office actions and other information requests
- Work with internal leadership and the Skysong Innovations business development team to prepare reports and presentations communicating strategies, activities, and results obtained in the solicitation and management of intellectual property
- Support researchers on intellectual property matters related to grant proposals for funding from public and private sources
- Provide due diligence support to the Skysong Innovations business development team to assist in formulating strategies and action plans to bring innovations to market
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist with other SI projects as needed and as requested