Founded in 1818 as a gentleman’s furnishings and haberdashery shop, Brooks Brothers is America’s oldest clothier. For nearly 200 years the brand has defined the standard of dress in America and has evolved into a global lifestyle brand offering complete apparel and accessories collections for men, women and children. Brooks Brothers products are world renowned for innovation, quality, timeless style and exceptional value. As America's oldest clothing retailer, Brooks Brothers has a long history of creating long-term relationships with both our Customers and our Associates. With 280 stores throughout the United States and Canada and more than 650 locations abroad, we continue to grow the brand with a respect for our heritage and a vision for the future.
The diversity of our operations has recently created an opportunity for a new Director of Marketing- CRM, Loyalty and PLCC in our New York offices.
In the Director, Marketing- CRM, Loyalty and Credit role, you will be responsible for enhancing shareholder value through thought leadership and innovation in marketing practices that drive profitable sales and customer growth in all channels, build customer loyalty, increase share of wallet and ensure our brand is top of mind when our customers are shopping. You will lead the direct marketing efforts in a complex matrix organization, as a key member of the brand's leadership team as well as part of our centralized shared services Marketing organization. You will develop and execute the brand marketing strategy and initiatives that increase brand awareness, engagement, retention, and acquisition. You will plan, manage and optimize the marketing investment portfolio to maximize sales. You will collaborate cross-functionally and manage a team that provides analysis and insight to measure and improve marketing program effectiveness as well as ensuring marketing initiatives are cohesive across key channels and champion brand objectives.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the business leader for the CRM, Loyalty and Credit Card strategy and implementation roadmap, working with cross-functional partner to align on data and content orchestration
- Develops roadmap for digital transformation across channels, implementing programs that personalize the consumer experience and accelerate growth
- Manages the strategy and roll out of omnichannel CRM, Loyalty and personalization across various digital vehicles like email, paid media, owned social, and in-store clienteling
- Develop and manage the data and technology strategy used to monitor the health of Brooks Brothers Customer Ecosystem and elevate the experience at each step of the customer journey
- Provide direction on how data should fit together and flow across Consumer Touchpoints
- Lead and drive credit card (PLCC) sales , new account acquisition, and charge penetration to sales (credit sales as a % to total sales) through partnership with Marketing, Store Operations, Finance, Visual, IT, and 3rd party credit card partner (Citibank)
- Serve as key point of contact for PLCC activities which impact multiple areas of the organization (marketing, store ops, finance, visual, IT).
- Compile and distribute standard PLCC reporting (new accounts, 9 box, contest tracking, contest calendar, etc.) Provide business insight as to how to take action.
- Develop analysis and associated initiatives with PLCC program
- Develop materials and present at quarterly PLCC meeting for senior management
- Develop annual PLCC budget and maintain robust forecast throughout the year
- Partner with Brand Marketing, Visual, and Store Ops on PLCC collateral
- Hire, retain, and continually develop diverse, high caliber talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Build and develop a CRM vision and strategy that increases Brand reach and drives profitable sales and customer growth. Partner with Leadership team in the strategy development to ensure alignment and support of the overall Brand strategy.
- Lead our CRM team and cross-functional teams to deliver on this strategy.
- Evolve and adapt these strategies to integrate new trends and technologies. This will require creation of a detailed roadmap inclusive of an integrated marketing program, customer analytics, and relevant technology solutions and connecting the dots between these critical areas within the marketing organization
- Maintain a constant dialog with the marketing leadership team and executive level management regarding marketing strategy, marketing performance, and overall CRM strategy
- Optimize and report on marketing investment and customer KPI's monthly, quarterly, annually, supporting both short- and long-term revenue and customer growth goals
- Coordinate annual marketing collateral, partnering with program owners to deliver the most efficient performance across all customer touch points, including catalog, email, digital advertising, and potentially offline advertising and brand marketing
- Effectively manage marketing expenses by adjusting spend based on business conditions and opportunities
- Focus on repeat and retention amongst active customers
- Formulating and executing a best-in-class, cross-brand Loyalty program that encompasses both credit and tender-neutral components to improve customer experience, cross-brand purchase behavior, share of wallet and repeat purchase/additional trips
- Increase share of wallet through cross-brand / cross-channel portfolio
- Continue to grow credit / Key Membership, reward redemption, and sales penetration
- Identify value add / content driven campaigns to increase loyalty
- Implement segmentation, targeting, lifetime value, personalization and relevancy tactics to improve response & conversion and maximize marketing ROI
- Drive personalization across email, site, and display through custom audiences, journeys, and customer lifecycle stages
- Identify next steps in marketing - tech stack enabling personalization at scale
- Build loyalty through content deployment across all channels (Email, site, on site search, off site)
- Develop Email strategies that drive cross-channel sales while improving customer engagement; primary focus will be on driving the triggered Email program and the integration of Email in customer journeys
- Drive all aspects of customer insight and engagement programs for customer marketing, serving as primary consumer insights lead within the marketing organization, using marketing performance data, behavioral analyses provided by our consumer analytics team, and market research (primary and secondary) to drive better marketing decisions and inform marketing strategy
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with brand marketing, e-commerce, customer experience, creative, product development, and finance leaders using a keen understand of business culture and process
- Become the most nimble, thoughtful, and innovative multi-channel retail marketing team across the globe
- Foster an environment where all associates bring their authentic selves to work every day and individual differences are valued, explored and appreciated