The SumTotal Customer Community Manager will be responsible for launching, growing and managing SumTotal’s Socious-based Online Customer Community. The online community manager will be responsible for developing internal and external engagement processes, encouraging collaboration and involvement among community members and the SumTotal community and driving awareness for SumTotal’s products, services, solutions and success. This role requires superb abilities to integrate cross-organizationally, implement campaigns and communicate to stakeholders internally and within the community.
• Act as a single point of contact for all kind of community issues or concerns from the customers/employees. Route customer issues/concerns to the appropriate department and follow-up if not responded within defined SLAs
• Monitor postings to the communities (discussions, comments, questions, documents, etc), alert the subject experts to issues that need to be addressed and ensure community satisfaction with responses.
• Define content and communication strategy for the community
• Coordinate with the key content contributors and distribute the exclusive content that has been created specifically for community’s target audiences
• Manage editorial calendars to keep content in the community fresh and relevant. Build widgets and messaging aligned to campaign promotions in the community.
• Identify and empower customer community ‘leaders’ to be evangelists and use forum to identify potential customer references more broadly.
• Think creatively to identify strategies and activities that foster a sense of community, provide a welcoming and open environment where people can learn to use and get support for SumTotal products, services and solutions.
• Collaborate with social media manager and customer marketing lead to develop and implement promotions and engagement strategies as they relate to key goals and priorities.
• Identify and modify processes that will improve the customer experience and performance of the community
• Develop and implement new ways to drive awareness of community activities internally. Provide internal and external community training as necessary; Manage and update training and support materials whenever the community process/features changes
• Measure success of community engagement and provide regular reports to identify and report on community trends. Gather feedback based on observations and report qualitative results to internal stakeholders; provide recommendations to improve the community’s health.
• Assure management that things are running as they should be and flag challenges when necessary
• Account administration and troubleshooting